Lab Specific COVID Plan
In compliance with public health and UBC requirements, the lab has done the following:
- Requires wearing a mask at all times while on-site when not alone in an office.
- Asks individuals to maintain physical distancing as much as possible,
- Posted signage in the lab re mask-wearing and frequent hand washing.
- Provides disposable masks, hand sanitizer, and Lysol wipes in the lab for all to use.
- Requires that you sanitize or wash your hands immediately upon entering the lab.
- Requires that you sanitize your workstation after use.
- Implements specific BREB-approved COVID protocols for each study.
The Behavioural Research Ethics Board (BREB) requires all researchers engaging in in-person research to be fully vaccinated.
As such, we will have to check your vaccination status. This can be done in two ways:
- You can send us an email with an attachment of your BC Vaccine Card. Please make sure to send using a secure UBC email. We will scan the QR code to verify, mark it on our tracker, then immediately delete the email. OR
- You can show us a copy of your BC Vaccine Card when you are in the lab, for us to verify and then mark on our tracker.
If you are not vaccinated or prefer to not disclose your vaccination status, please do not worry – let our lab manager know. We will work with you to figure this out together on a case-by-case basis.